Am Tue, 16 May 2023 13:38:42 -0400
schrieb John Snow <js...@redhat.com>:

> I haven't touched IDE or block code in quite a long while now -- I
> don't think I can help land this fix, but I won't get in anyone's way,
> either. Maybe just re-submit the patches with an improved commit
> message / cover letter that helps collect the info from the previous
> thread, the core issue, etc.

I poked at it some more in the past days. Paolo was right in 2019, this
issue needs to be debugged more to really understand why fiddling
with one PCI devices breaks another, apparently unrelated PCI device.

Once I know more, I will suggest a new change. The old one is
stale, and needs to be rebased anyway.

Olaf