On 6/1/23 18:54, Wu, Fei wrote:
We are not *checking* the tb->tb_stats->stats_enabled bit except at code
generation time, not code execution time.  Therefore nothing ever reads
the TB_PAUSED bit (or, correspondingly, the clearing of the other
bits).  The setting of the bit is permanent.

At dump time, it does check stats_enabled e.g. in dump_tb_header(). So
the question is whether FILTER is necessary at all? If not, we can
remove FILTER together with PAUSE, and only keep START & STOP in hmp cmd.

Let's start simpler and remove FILTER and PAUSE.

r~