On 31/07/2023 11.32, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 11:10:58AM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
Or do you see another possibility how we could fix that timeout problem in
the 64-bit MSYS2 job? Still switching to clang, but compiling with
--extra-cflags="-Wno-unknown-attributes" maybe?

I was surprised to see that we're not using ccache in gitlab CI. It wouldn't
help the from-clean compile time, but thereafter it ought to help. I'm doing
some tests with that to see the impact.

I tried that two years ago, but the results were rather disappointing:

 https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2021-04/msg02189.html

... but that was only with the Linux runners. Maybe it helps with the MSYS runners?

 Thomas