On 7/31/23 06:32, Akihiko Odaki wrote:
On 2023/07/31 20:44, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 at 09:04, Akihiko Odaki <akihiko.od...@daynix.com> wrote:

MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE can ensure the mapped address is fixed without
concerning that the new mapping overwrites something else.

MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE only came in with Linux 4.17. So
I think we still need to handle the "mapped address
is not the one we asked for" error condition, because
it can happen on older host kernels that ignore the
MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE flag.

thanks
-- PMM

MAP_FIXED_NOREPLACE is substituted with MAP_FIXED before passing to the host with patch 1. The NOREPLACE constraint is still ensured by inspecting the guest page table.

Won't work for 64-bit guests.

r~