On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 at 16:10, Keith Packard <kei...@keithp.com> wrote:

> > says that for HOSTED_EXIT the exit code is in r5,
> > not in a parameter block pointed to by r5. That
> > would imply that the correct change is to use
> > R_ARG1 rather than R_ARG0 here.
>
> Ah, thanks -- I hadn't managed to find the actual standard yet.

Yeah, the closest to a "standard" we have for nios2 is that
I asked the Codesourcery folks to document it in the libgloss
sources and put the URL to it in a comment at the top of
nios2-semi.c, given that there's no official spec and the
original and main guest-side user is libgloss.
m68k is in a similar position only without the URL
in our source file :-)

-- PMM