08.08.2023 00:27, Ankit Kumar wrote:
This series fixes two bugs
1. CRC64 generation when metadata buffer is used.
2. Protection information disable check for Type 3 protection.

This series also updates the documentaion for pi (protection information),
and adds missing pif (protection information format) entry.

Ankit Kumar (3):
   hw/nvme: fix CRC64 for guard tag
   hw/nvme: fix disable pi checks for Type 3 protection
   docs: update hw/nvme documentation for protection information

At least the CRC64 change smells like a -stable material, - the bug
is present in, for example, qemu-7.2 too. But I don't know how important
it is to keep nvme updated in 8.0 or before, and what the outcome of this
bug is, to begin with. Somehow I think nvme was in preliminary shape
before 8.0.

Are the other changes also relevant for -stable?

Please keep Cc: qemu-sta...@nongnu.org for anything you think is worth
to have in previous/stable releases.

Thanks,

/mjt