On 8/8/23 19:51, Warner Losh wrote:
     > +    /* __int32_t  st_lspare; */

    Why commented out?

I believe that the element was a padding one ....

     > +    struct target_freebsd_timespec st_birthtim; /* time of file
creation */

    Does that not place st_birthtim at the wrong place?

So this winds up in the right place because there's a hole...

However, having said that, I don't think it should be commented out. It's not
in the bsd-user branch. And the state of the upstream code is such that we can't
run full tests easily on the system calls, so we're making sure they basically
work, but will run the full regression test once some other changes are made
to allow shared libraries to work (many of the calls in this patch are needed
to make 'hello world' work).

I think there is not a hole, because the struct is __packed.

(Also, QEMU_PACKED vs __packed?)

r~