Hi,
The QEMU 8.2 release cycle has begun. I am merging qemu.git pull
requests for this release. You do not need to CC me on pull requests
because I am monitoring qemu-devel.

The proposed schedule is as follows:

2023-08-22      Beginning of development phase
2023-11-14      Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point. All
feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer tree and all pull requests
from submaintainers must have been sent to the list by this date.
2023-11-21      Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0
2023-11-28      Tag rc1
2023-12-05      Tag rc2
2023-12-12      Tag rc3
2023-12-19      Release; or tag rc4 if needed
2023-12-26      Release if we needed an rc4

Please let me know if these dates are inconvenient. I may adjust the
last date depending on my availability at the end of 2023.

Add the following milestone to issues that need to be tracked for this
release:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/milestones/10

You can update the changelog here:
https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/8.2