On Tue, 03 Oct 2023 17:10, "Michael S. Tsirkin" <m...@redhat.com> wrote:
I hope you are also fixing the linux driver to fix this in a robust
way, yes?

Hello Michael,

You can find pertinent discussion on the virtio-comment list here:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-comment/202309/threads.html#00175

Fixing it is on our radar but it may prove non-trivial if it requires changing how the virtio-snd driver interacts with the kernel alsa API. Meanwhile AFAIK the qemu device conforms to the virtio spec in this case both with the previous version behavior and the current one. The change was made to compensate for the linux driver's behavior, not because it was previously incorrect.

Manos