On 10/5/23 14:01, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
> On 10/5/23 13:30, marcandre.lur...@redhat.com wrote:
>> From: Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lur...@redhat.com>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Implement RAMFB migration, and add properties to enable it only on >= 8.2
>> machines, + a few related cleanups.
>>
>> Cedric, did you get the chance to test the VFIO display/ramfb code?
>
> Nope. I was busy with VFIO stuff. I haven't even read Laszlo's
> email yet. I will try this or next week.
>
> That said, could we avoid adding another migration property in
> VFIOPCIDevice and use the available "enable-migration" ?

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect we can't / shouldn't do that.
"x-ramfb-migrate" is effectively a machine type compat prop, so if it
doesn't *precisely* line up with enable-migration (i.e., if they aren't
equivalent), then we shouldn't merge them. AFAICT, a 8.1 machine type
may have "enable-migration" set, but it should still have
"x-ramfb-migrate" clear.

Laszlo