On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 at 12:33, Sanjeev Kumar <reachsanje...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to passthrough GPU to qemu-system-aarch64le. why i need to do
> this is, the graphics running in OS hosted on qemu-system-aarch64le is very
> less framerate. As there is no PCI support, when i add "-device
> vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,x-vga=on" to the qemu boot arguments, i am seeing
> "qemu-system-aarch64: -device vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,x-vga=on: No 'PCI' bus
> found for device 'vfio-pci'"
>
> machine is vexpress-a15, cpu is cortex-a15

The vexpress-a15 machine type does not support PCI. Therefore
you cannot add PCI cards to it. If you want PCI, you'll need to
use a different machine type. We usually recommend the "virt"
machine if you don't care about the specifics of the guest machine
(e.g. the common "I just want to run Linux" usecase).

thanks
-- PMM