On Tue, 13 Aug 2024 at 14:27, JF Sebastian <jfsebast...@null.net> wrote:
> I'm currently emulating a SS-5 under QEMU on x86_64 Linux. From
> what I could understand in the documentation, the sound chip, CS-4231.
> The wiki https://www.qemu.org/docs/master/system/target-sparc.html
> states "CS4231 sound device (only on SS-5, not working yet)".

That documentation hasn't been edited in a long time, I suspect,
so it is possible it's just out of date. Have you tried the
sound and found that it does indeed not work ?

Mark, do you know what the current status of sound on SS-5 is?

> Any more information on what the current status is and the potential
> stumbling blocks, if any?

Without any further information, I would suspect the usual situation
when some area of QEMU has not moved forward in many years: there is
no active developer who cares enough about that specific thing to go
and look at it.

thanks
-- PMM