On 26 April 2016 at 14:08, Alberto Garcia <be...@igalia.com> wrote:

> On Tue 19 Apr 2016 02:09:24 PM CEST, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote:
>
> > We are planning to implement the io-limits for the virtio-9p driver
> > i.e for fsdev devices.
> > So, I am looking into the code base and how it has done for the block
> > io devices.
> >
> > I would like to know how difficult is this and is there some one out
> > there who has any plan to do this?
>
> Hi,
>
> as Stefan said already, the common API is in throttle.h.
>
> It should be generic enough to be used in other parts of QEMU, but tell
> me if you feel that it needs changes.
>
> Once you configure the throttling settings you essentially only need to
> call throttle_schedule_timer() to see if a request needs to be
> throttled, and afterwards throttle_account() to register the I/O that
> has been peformed.
>
> You'll see that there's also throttle-group.c, but that's specific to
> the block layer and not meant to be generic.
>

> Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the reply. I am still in the early phase, I will let you know
if any changes are needed for the APIs.

We might also have to implement throttle-group.c for 9p devices, if we want
apply throttle for group of devices.

I just want some one from virtio-9p side to jump in to the discussion
as well. That will help me a lot to understand from virtio-9p perspective.

Regards,
Pradeep