Hello community,

   I would like to ask for some advices on debugging a weird problem. The
setup is a qemu version is qemu-4.2.0-rc3 and kernel version
is 4.15.0-72-generic and distro is ubuntu 18.04. And the symptom is windows
stuck and cannot boot into system.

  After some debugging, I observe that if I specify -cpu
Cascadelake-Server,arch-capabilities,tsx-ctrl, then it does not work, but
if I remove tsx-ctrl then windows2019 boots successfully.

  Another observation is qemu-4.2.0-rc2 works the the same commandline
(namely, -cpu Cascadelake-Server,arch-capabilities,tsx-ctrl).

So my question is what could be the possible reason for such behavior.
Thank you very much in advance for you help.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen