On 04/07/2024 10.41, Anton Shepelev wrote:
I wrote:

May I request assistance in utilizing QEMU via Termux to
operate virtual I want to configure QEmu to run my Windows
XP guest in fullscreen and at my display's native
resolution (1366x768).  I think it the most natural and
frequent requirement for comforable work in the guest OS,
yet I cannot find a way to achieve this.

The task is futher hardened by the absence of this
resolution from the guest Windows dislay properties, which
has, however, many options both below and above the one
required. I am using `-vga std`. Can you help?

My OS is FreeBSD 14.1 and my QEmu 8.2.2_1.

This looks like a long-standing problem, reported on Debian-
bug back in 2013:

  <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=700055>

Is there any chance of its getting fixed?

I had a quick look, but if I got this right, 1366x768 is not a mode that fits into the standard EDID information, since 1366 is not dividable by 8. See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Display_Identification_Data#Limitations for some more information. I assume you'd need a special driver in the guest to force that display mode - but I've got no clue whether that exists for the graphic cards that QEMU emulates.

 Thomas