I use cmake regularly, and William's frameworks otherwise. I have an alias in
my bash profile setup with the following command:

cmake -D BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL=on -D
QWT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/include -D
QWT_LIBRARY=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/lib/libqwt.5.dylib -D
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Applications -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D
SIP_BINARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/sip -D CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64 -D
GRASS_PREFIX=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS -D
GRASS_INCLUDE_DIR=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/include ..

Hope that helps.

John