Hi Allesandro,

In fact, Marco is currently working on exactly what you want. He is extending QGIS mapserver with a GetPrint command that allows to specify the map extent, the layout/template to use, rotation parameter, dpi, etc. and you'll get a PDF/SVG/PNG/JPEG as output. The templates will be picked up from the QGIS project file.

If you can wait until next year (probably mid to end of January) it will be part of QGIS mapserver.

So no need to work on it in parallel - unless you have something else in mind.

Andreas

Thanks Martin,

I have already found your example, but it is for a plugin, isn't it ?

I remember I tried to make it work from outside qgis (standalone) without success.

What I would like to achieve is a CGI-style application which takes WMS-like parameters (like qgis-mapserver does) and a printcomposer template to generate a (vectorial) PDF.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3: www.itopen.it <http://www.itopen.it>