Hi!

Yes, we could allow to set a geometry type and skip all features with a
different geometry type or better return an empty geometry instead - to get the
feature count right.

Or we could extent the layers to have three renderers - one for each geometry
type.  We recently added NoGeometry - so I figure we know where to look now.
That way we could also get rid of that PostGIS filter trick (ugly because you
could remove the filtering subset string).

Whatever it is .. if it helps dxf AND PostGIS it sounds great ..
And if it helps to improve dxf im/export you are my hero (which you definitely are already)!

Werner