From: Anita Graser <anitagra...@gmx.at>
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Query Set using SetSubstring does not return
record - resolved but with a question
To: "maaza mekuria" <sail...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "QGIS Developer" <qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org>
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2011, 2:51 AM

Hi Maaza,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:10 AM, maaza mekuria <sail...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have learned from you how I can select all the features in a layer through
code using extents and attribute lists. What I would like is to be able to use
a simple command that says layer->selectall() or something like that

Feel free to add this feature request to the bug tracker or to even write the
patch to add this function to the layer class.

is it alright to have a method that updates the selection set using the
setSubString query? Why not?
What is the reason that such a powerful way to query the data does not also
have a means to update the selection set?
Imho, the query string has nothing to do with the selection set. If you first
set the query string, you can then select all features left in the layer.

Best wishes, Anita