Hi

>BTW Freak out will go after resampler branch is merged....

I've managed to convert freakout style to singleband pseudocolor in the project file / qml conversion to the new format :-)

- visualizing monoband rasters could be improved:
- why not loading it with a greyscale by default? or with a colour ramp?
- why not adding a dtm colour table (we can take the one

I'd like to improve selecting colorramps in the raster resampler branch (that would even allow us to add a freakout color ramp for trips down memory lane).

Default style: I'm not sure what would be a good default, since we don't know the value range at the beginning (at least not without doing a time consuming value scan). Do you have any ideas (maybe a partial raster scan to speed things up?).

Regards,
Marco

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Giovanni Manghi
Visualizing monoband rasters could be improved:
- why not loading it with a greyscale by default? or with a colour ramp?
- why not adding a dtm colour table (we can take the one
in/usr/lib/grass64/etc/colors/terrain), possibly replacing the Freak out
one?
+100
much needed improvements

All good ideas but we are feature frozen so lets first focus on
releasing 1.8 and then we can do these.

BTW Freak out will go after resampler branch is merged....

Regards

Tim

-- Giovanni --

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland
marco.hugentob...@sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch