I agree the old versions of symbology and labeling should be removed rather sooner than later. It would increase pressure on developers, financers and users to implement the really important bits that are missing.

If we do this in the master version it won't hurt existing users.

We have been discussing this for two years now and noone seems to be really acting about the missing bits other than complaining? Someone has to do the work or pay someone to do it. It won't happen by itself.

Andreas