On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavall...@faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 01/08/2012 14:12, jjg ha scritto:
>>
>> I'm afraid I couldn't commit to that at the moment as I have so much else to
>> do, but here is an outline: Assume that $user is a user's local data
>> repostory
>>
> ok, thanks. Maybe this can be done while rearranging the color ramps
> (Etienne, you there?) or more generally the symbology (arun, interested?).
> anyway, a good solution to a long standing QGIS limitation is within
> sight now, great.
> All the best.

Like I said in my other email - this is a pretty close reality.
Should I merge my branch to master now, or let some interested parties
check it out from my branch?

https://github.com/etiennesky/Quantum-GIS/tree/coloramp

There are some kinks to work out - but mostly needs feedback from others.

Main points to improve

1) downloading of cpt-city archive, ideally automatically uwing
cpt-city's maintainer's suggestion (what's your name BTW?)
2) better organisation of the ColorRamp classes
3) perhaps a selection of palettes for QGis
4) organisation of gradients - this needs the work of Arun

Cheers
Etienne