Hi all,

Wouldn't it be good to offer 64bit Windows versions from QGIS version 2.0 on? Most new and many existing Windows PCs are 64bit Windows these days.

I don't expect someone to work for free on it, but if an estimate could be done how many hours of work it would mean to put together a 64bit OSGeo4W and standalone viewer, we could start collecting money to make it happen. There should be enough Windows users out there with a strong interest in the 64bit version.

Question: is this more a one-time investment or would it mean a lot of work further on, maintaining the two versions, 32bit and 64bit?

Other opinions?

Andreas

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 10A