Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to announce that I've pushed the current state of dual-view to github [1]

Anybody interested in having a look at it is kindly requested to do so and share his thoughts concerning the development.

Anybody who does not want or can't compile the branch can easily have a look at the slides from this presentation [2] which should cover the basics as well (There's a small sample video to show the live filter inside).

Any feedback is appreciated.
If there is no strong rejection of these ideas, I'd like to request a merge in two weeks, after I cleaned up the code and reviewed the code for layers with no "feature by id" capabilities (which need to be fully cached).

I will be out of office next week, so please bear with me, if I only reply to your feedback in the second week of February.

Kind regards,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/matthias-kuhn/Quantum-GIS/tree/dual-view <https://github.com/matthias-kuhn/Quantum-GIS/tree/dual-view>
[2] http://qgis.vitu.ch/download/dual-view-presentation.odp