On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.bla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I don't like prompts like that and I respond always NO,
> just on principle, to discourage programmers to disturb me that way.
>
> Even if you implement that and will be annoying users for a while,
> what will be a result? Info about people willing to respond, which is
> very limited group. No overall statistics about QGIS user base at all.
>
> -1, 'No thanks'

Same here.

I would say that the web stats already give quite good idea: the
number of downloads of standalone installer give a rough idea of the
absolute number of installations, the other stats like geographical
distribution and clients' operating systems will probably copy the
real user base.

Martin