I do care a lot as is it essential for Chinese user to have a software able to read and write utf8 and gb2312 encoding without any issue. It seems QGis Master already mostly solved the issues I met with QGis 1.8, but I willing to help to make QGis 2.0 better in this aspect. What is the exact format needed for the test files?