Hi All

As we are looking at API tidy ups (I understand), would there be any support
for providing a bit more granularity in supportsSubsetString.  At the moment
this is a simple boolean, and the GUI offers a SQL based subset string builder.

However not all providers naturally use SQL based strings.  I'm interested in
adding subset capability to the delimited text provider, whichi I've done using
QgsExpression as the basis for subsets.  This works very well except that the
GUI isn't an expression builder.  I think there may be similar issues with the
WFS provider.

What I am proposing is something more like an enum
QgsDataProvider::SubsetStringType, which could then be interrogated by the
properties dialog to select the appropriate query builder dialog.

Logically this would supplant the supportsSubsetString boolean which could be
deprecated, replaced with

virtual QgsDataProvider::SubsetStringType QgsDataProvider::subsetStringType(){
return NoSubsetString; }

Other types could be SqlSubsetString, ExpressionSubsetString, ...?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to
legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or
i...@linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no
responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its
transmission from LINZ. Thank You.