+1 to create an universal dialog for adding layers (or folder of files/layers)

I have resolved the same problem in a personal application integrating all
formats and types in a single loading form.
Basically each provider offers a PropertyPage collection to build the
ConnectionString that each provider know to open.

I attach a short video to show the idea (~2.5 mb).

http://www.filedropper.com/GenericCadgisLoadingDialog

Best Regards
Alvaro