Hi,

Yesterday I added some signals to QgsVectorLayer which are emitted in calls to beginEditCommand, endEditCommand and destroyEditCommand. This makes it possible for consumers of edit signals (attributeValueChanged etc.) to wait for a batch operation to finish and update once at the end. Example: In the case of the attribute table and an update to all columns from the field calculator it results in an enormous speed boost, if it is updated only once at the end of an operation and not for every single feature.

What I am doing now is to cache the "bounds" (min/max column/row) of changed attributes and when the next endEditCommand is made update everything within.

Now the question is: Can I rely on endEditCommand being called for every operation? Or do I have to check for out-of-edit-command changes and update immediately in this case?

Regards,
Matthias