Regis, did you try use the @pyqtSlot(your types) decorator for your slot?
Often a slot getting called twice is because the signal is emitted twic with different signatures.

ciao
Marco

On 24.02.2014 17:30, HAUBOURG wrote:

  A followup:
I had my class inherit from QObject (first time doing that for me) and I catch
the sender correctly.
Strangely, I catch the signal twice, so maybe inherinting from QObject triggers
another signalk somewhere..
Cheers

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Matthias Kuhn [mailto:matthias.k...@gmx.ch]
Envoyé : lundi 24 février 2014 15:21
À : HAUBOURG
Cc : qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org
Objet : Re: [Qgis-developer] PyQT - How to get layer sending
attributeValueChanged signal?

Hi Régis

Calling sender() in your SLOT should return the QgsVectorLayer object There
is also QSignalMapper [1] which has a cleaner concept, but it looks as if this
will on the one hand help you to identify the source layer, but you will loose
any other parameters, what's probably not your intent.

Best
Matthias

[1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qsignalmapper.html