@Matthias: what do you mean with:
Am 19.05.2014 16:41, schrieb Matthias Kuhn: "the code is not exported to the gui or core libraries/sip modules"?

It will not be so easy to just write wrappers because the code is not exported to the gui or core libraries/sip modules. I have written code that makes it possible to generate python bindings for (C++) plugins and I'm considering creating a pull-request for it.

Matthias

It depends on what parts of the Georeferencer you need. If you don't need the GUI but only the math, you could consider writing a SIP wrapper around QgsGeorefTransformInterface implementations [1]. Otherwise, if Python performance would suffice, you could grab the low level math from QgsGeorefTransform and QgsLeastSquares [2] and translate it to Python.

giovanni

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/plugins/georeferencer/qgsgeoreftransform.cpp [2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/plugins/georeferencer/qgsleastsquares.cpp