Hi,

With the impending release in the next day or so I would just like to
clarify what the current plan is.

1) Are we planning on having packages ready to go before the official
announcement?

  Personally I don't think it looks good to have nothing ready for download
as soon as the email goes out because word spreads quick, people hit our
site, find nothing, get annoyed, then we tell them "ohh but you have to
wait until we make packages". A release to us is tagged hash, to users it
means packages ready to go.

2) Is the website going to be updated before/just after the announcement to
point to the packages?

3) Are we holding the feature freeze for a month/two weeks after release in
case something comes up that is a real hurt point to hold off on?

If 2.4 "release" on the 27 is going to be just a email to call for
packages, could it be just labeled as such, don't use the words "Release",
or "QGIS 2.4 is out" because it will go everywhere raising the issues in 1).

I guess that is all, if the questions could be clarified that would be
great.

Regards,
Nathan