Hi,

On 26.08.2014 11:25, Alexandre Neto wrote:

Hi,

I have to say that I actually dislike the "new" identify docking thingy (sorry Nathan), it just feels strange to me. Even hidden as a tab it steals lots of space in smaller screens (An option in settings to choose docking it or not would make my day! :-p)

I also agree this new dock wasn't the best way to deal with results. I think it is true for users who are 99% dedicated to dealing with vector layers and editing features.

But I do agree that toggling between Open feature form mode and identify tool only mode is not optimal.

I also agree that the feature form is a totally diferent funcionality, and accessing it do need some love.Therefore was planning on working on a plugin to add a button to the toolbar to directly open a selected feature's form. Additionally, if more than one feature is selected, the feature form would show all features equal values and empty the rest of the fields. Updating one of the fields will change it across all features, while keeping the field empty will preserve original values. A popup message should show up to warn the user that several features attributes will be updated.

I am currently working on improving the Layer Selection mode in the identify map tool. The idea is to introduce a feature level, so you can always open the result in a feature form. You will also be able to open the attribute table with a filter on the identified features from a same layer. Also, you'll have access to map layer actions and so on.

This identify map tool would be a good client for a QEP ;)

Cheers,

Denis