On Tue, 25 Nov 2014, Jürgen E. wrote:

Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:45:55 +0100
From: Jürgen E. <j...@norbit.de>
To: qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Core Python plugins and their dependencies

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 25. Nov 2014 at 15:06:30 +0200, Alexander Bruy wrote:
DB Manager depends on psycopg2 and pyspatialite, but we does not ship this
packages into QGIS source tree. Same for Processing, it contains several
algorithms that require matplotlib and we does not bundle matplotlib in QGIS
source tree. And it is fine, as user can easily install this packages using
package manager or pip.

We ship pyspatialite - that's not available everywhere and in case we're using
internal spatialite it should be built against that version.

I think it would be good to have clear policy on this.

Well, I don't have a good idea what thise clear policy could be.  I'd say there
should be a compelling reason why third party dependencies are included.

pyspatialite is there because of internal spatialite.  Maybe that can be
reconsidered too.  I doubt that anything uses internal spatialite anymore and
there also pysqlite that could be used with spatialite instead of pyspatialite.

owslib is not available everywhere - also AFAIK it's closely releated to
MetaSearch and has the same upstream.

Everything else could be removed from ext-libs AFAICS.

FYI the other deps in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/ext-libs
are either
required by OWSLib or MetaSearch proper.

OWSLib: dateutil, pytz,
jinja2: markupsafe, pygments, six

I've deleted python/ext-libs/tests as this was a (since fixed) buggy artifact
of the OWSLib build/install.