Am 12.12.2014 um 15:21 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
Hi,
I have a fresh install of QGIS 2.6 on ubuntu 14.04.1 desktop from the
qgis.org/debian trusty main repository (installed a day or two ago)
When I set the 'filter' on Project->Properties->CRS to 6148 nothing
comes up.

On my Windows based QGIS 2.6,   ETRS89 / NTM zone 8  EPSG:6148 comes up.

Where/how do I get the EPSG codes updated on the ubuntu install?

The CRS list should get synchronized at the end of the installation. If not, your installation is broken at some point. I remember that I had to install python-qgis manually when updating to 2.6.1 on Ubuntu, and the sync was done with that (and EPSG:6148 is present).

HTH,
André Joost