Le 11/02/2015 14:24, Nathan Woodrow a écrit :
>> I am curious about Coverity. AFAIK, the static analyzer is not open source,
>> right ? So this works as long as they offer if freely for open source
>> projects.
>
>>> Right.  It's propietary.  And IMHO it's also a heavy depencency
>
> Not sure I find that to be much of a issue. Use what ever works, it
> seems to be free for us at the moment and is improving our code a lot,
> if there is a open version that works as well that is fine but it's
> definitely not something that I personally worry about.  I also wouldn't
> really call it a dependency when we are not forced or forcing anyone
> else to use it.

Sure, on the short term, this is not an issue. It really valuable. And
this is not really a "dependency" since we are not forcing anyone. I agree.

But the day the service stops to be free, we should still deliver code
with a high quality :) Either because we have a free alternative to
static checkers or if every devs know how to avoid code with potential
problems (or if we decide to pay for the service).