Wisse -

You might have some kind of network problem that pops up up between you Citrix server and the network share used to store the shape files. Try to create a share locally on the Citrix server and save the shape files to this share instead.

The problem could be some kind of file access conflict with several users reading the shape file at the same time as another user is trying to edit the same shape-file. Try to edit the shape-file at a time when you are sure no other user are accessing the file.

When you have a multi-user, perhaps multi-edit environment as yours my strong, general advise is to store the data in a database like postgresql/postgis. Any file based format like shape-files, tab-files or spatialite is not suitable for this kind of environment.

Bo Victor Thomsen
AestasGIS
Denmark