On 2016-02-19 17:28, Stefan Keller wrote:

I support Etienne's proposal regarding UI guidelines.
I'm sproradically collecting these here [1],
like the "File open..." dialog which remembers the directory,
or preferring GeoPackage over Shapefiles for storing.
There are quite some more things which to my mind when thingking of UI.
Eventually it could also help to point to "good" plugins?

Hi all,
I think giving guidelines and coding standards is of crucial importnace to keep the plugin ecosystem thriving, especially in view of the upcoming migration to Py3 and Qt5.
IMHO the best ways of doing this should be:
* improving Plugin builder, adding all we think is necessary
* writing a Plugin dev howto, pointing to specific cases, recommended styles, etc.
Any taker?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia