Tom, I think people find it hard to follow your messages as you don't include the previous thread in your response; meaning, we have no idea what/who you are responding to.

-jeff

On 2016-03-14 4:20 AM, Tom Chadwin wrote:
Yes, I know. I was replying to Jeff.

We just need to remember the reason for this discussion and ticket. The
behaviour might be ever so slightly irritating for experienced users. It's
less experienced users, though, that any proposed changes are intended to
benefit. Martin's original point is about not intimidating first-time QGIS
users. As I say, such users will almost certainly choose the standalone
installer. Improving this could result in increased usage of QGIS.

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/