On 8/2/2016 3:00 PM, qgis-developer-requ...@lists.osgeo.org wrote:
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:11:51 +0200 From: Jürgen E. Fischer <j...@norbit.de> To: QGIS Developer Mailing List <qgis-developer@lists.osgeo.org> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Adding SQL provider to QGIS Message-ID: <20160802171151.ga17...@norbit.de> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hi David, On Tue, 02. Aug 2016 at 11:59:57 -0400, David Adler wrote:
>We developed DB2 support for QGIS using the ODBC driver that is
>built in to QGIS/Qt for Windows. But the ODBC driver isn't built in
>on other platforms and using ODBC on other platforms is sketchy.
>
>Is it possible to build and use the Qt DB2 driver with QGIS and is
>there any documentation on how to do this?
Does the Qt DB2 driver have third party dependencies?
Yes, probably similar to Oracle.

For the Oracle provider we have a modified QOCI driver that is built with QGIS
when it's dependencies are available, but that usually not the case on
platforms other than (osgeo4)Windows either.
How do you build the driver? Does it end up being a new QGIS executable or does it just create an additional DLL with the QOCI driver? We want to avoid requiring end-users to build complete QGIS from source - it is hard enough for experienced developers to get this to work ;-)

We've managed to build the Qt QDB2 driver DLL but have not been successful in having a Qt application load it.

Regards,
David

Jürgen

---