On 29-11-16 00:51, Phil (The Geek) Wyatt wrote:
Hi Folks,

Is there anyone out there that can assist with a QGIS authentication
issue? I am trying to get basic authentication working but it seems to
be failing all the time. If someone has used authentication recently I
can supply the site details for testing.

Hi Devs (moving this to dev list),

I tested the geojson url of Phil, and if I provide username and password IN the url like below it works:

https://username:password@server/api/reports/sample/addresses/geojson

But without the username/password in the url, QGIS does not provide any authentication dialogs or so.

Is the api missing a header which QGIS needs to know there is authentication on it?

Or how is QGIS triggered to show authentication dialogs when provided basic authentication on a 'protocol'-vector layer?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde