Python 3.5.3 is installed, perhaps that is the problem.

Also, Qt5.7.1 is in the system folders but obviously building from source ensures Qt5.8.1 isn't used as I built Qt5.7.1 from source. It took about 1 hour. It is in the local install folders.

Thanks for any help.

On 2017-03-22 12:07, gor...@shieldaig.com wrote:
On my Ubuntu 17.04 system in `/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/`:

`libQt5Core.so.5.7.1` exists
`libQt5Core.so.5.7` is a symbolic link
`libQt5Core.so.5` is a symbolic link
`libQt5Core.so` is a symbolic link

what do you recommend?

On 2017-03-22 04:44, Mark Johnson wrote:
On Ubuntu 17.04, which is based on Qt5.7.1, output from

`./output/bin/qgis`

`Couldn't load PyQt.

Python support will be disabled. (a really big deal)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "", line 1, in

ImportError: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version
`Qt_5.8'

not found (required by

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so)`

I have added a new page called 'Starting QGIS3 as seen from
lddtree.sh'

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/wiki/QGIS3-lddtree-sh

As is often the case, complex Applications often fail for many
different reasons.
This page show what steps where undertaken to resolve these problems.

lddtree.sh is a forked version of the original lddtree that, for me,
brings better result. (source and download link are supplied on that
page).

Here, in this case, it is important to check if both QGIS3 and
PyQt5/QtCore.so use the same libQt5Core.so.5
- I believe it is save to assume that both MUST use the same QT5
Version, since QtCore.so is a (I believe) a function interface between
python3 and libQt5Core

The page shows the result of both QGIS3 and PyQt5/QtCore.so (both of
which work correctly) as an comparison.

In this case, I think, the cause of the problem is more likly to be
that:
-> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5
--> does not exsit on your system

Mark