Hello,

Excuse me for posting to the developers list, as I am not a QGIS developer, but
the bug tracker seems to be even more difficult to access.

I'd like to call your attention a problem present at least since 2.16, and
which is still there in 2.18.10 :

I have an approximately 50 years period of data to be presented geographically,
and each year's corresponding layer should be able to be turned on/off. I
created the first year's layer, then tried to copy+paste it, and modify the
year in each layer's rule. The problem is that the pasted layers don't seem to
be independent. It looks like they are created by some kind of shallow copy,
thus sharing some of their attributes and data fields, like visibility for
example.

Please correct this, or give me some hint if I make something wrong. Thanks in
advance,
Peter