Hi,

It seems that the QGIS refactoring is complete!
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/74
https://github.com/qgis/qgis3.0_api/issues/57
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4824

You can use QGIS Server like this in Python

from qgis.server import QgsServer, QgsServerRequest, QgsBufferServerRequest, QgsBufferServerResponse

server = QgsServer()

qs = "?" + "&".join(["%s=%s" % i for i in list({
            "MAP": '/tmp/qgis_project.qgs',
            "SERVICE": "WFS",
            "VERSION": "1.0.0",
            "REQUEST": "GetCapabilities"
        }.items())])
requestMethod = QgsServerRequest.GetMethod
headers = {}
data = '' #can be the xml request for requestMethod = QgsServerRequest.PostMethod

request = QgsBufferServerRequest(qs, requestMethod, headers, data)
response = QgsBufferServerResponse()
server.handleRequest(request, response)

headers = []
rh = response.headers()
rk = sorted(rh.keys())
for k in rk:
    headers.append(("%s: %s" % (k, rh[k])).encode('utf-8'))

body = bytes(response.body())

Now QGIS Server needs somes enhancement and cleanup.

René-Luc D'Hont
3Liz