Hi

Try to define the environment variable
QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/plugins/platforms (it may
depends on how is your qt5 installation - this path is ok for Macport
installation)

According to my experience (see
https://www.3liz.com/blog/rldhont/index.php?post/2017/06/01/How-to-build-qgis-on-OSX-with-MacPort)
 : If this variable is not defined then QGIS will crash at startup.