On 9/19/19 11:08 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 05:46:34AM +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
My (very shaky) understanding is that it's designed for some
administrator to setup in advance, and isn't exposed anywhere in QGIS
ui.

I remember it was designed for implementing Inspire models. Not sure about the status of this project.

But - to be harsh - this kind of hidden, implementation specific,
feature is the kind of thing we should be extremely wary of. Without
any documentation or publicly accessible explanation of how it works
it's of extremely limited use to QGIS users. At the minimum it should
have been accompanied by a documentation PR explaining how it should
be used.
I agree. I'd actually call for dropping this whole support, and if
someone will cry to keep it we'll have someone to talk with about
moving this whole support to a plugin ?

How about deprecating this functionality to drop it with QGIS 4 and starting with 3.12 raise a warning that this is deprecated functionality?

This will leave some lead time to jump in before deprecation and some lead time to react before removal.

Matthias

--strk;