Von: Alessandro Pasotti <apaso...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. November 2019 13:38
An: Bauer.Josef extern IT-DS-TS <bauer.jo...@swm.de>
Betreff: Re: [QGIS-Developer] Automatically install and update plugins

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 1:27 PM <bauer.jo...@swm.de<mailto:bauer.jo...@swm.de>>
wrote:
Hi Alessandro,

thank you very much, that was exactly what we were looking for!

Maybe it would be nice to put the QgsPluginInstaller also into the official API
documentation (or in the “Deploying QGIS within an organization”
documentation)? I could imagine that others also try to establish an
“autoinstall/autoupdate” scenario.

I'm not sure we can add that information to the API docs, because that code is
not part of the stable API but it's something to consider for sure.

Btw, I've just found buried in the internet a work I've done a few years ago
when I was working for Boundless:

https://boundless-desktop.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system_admins/init_scripts.html#scripts-examples

It may be helpful for your use case (I think it's for QGIS 2.x but it should be
easily portable to QGI 3).

Best regards,
Josef