Hi Devs,

In the Processing algorithms there is an algorithm 'Transect', which puts
'transects' on the vertices(!) of a Linestring.

For a 'problem' I have I need the transect to be on known distances along the
Linestring (so INdependent) of the vertices of that LineString.
(the main problem are the vertices in the lines when the line makes a turn (is
not straigh). For straight lines I can use densify to add the right amount of
vertices)

If I am correct, this grass addon, is exactly what I need:

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass78/manuals/addons/v.transects.html

But, by default it is not available in QGIS algorithms.
You even have to add it to GRAAS: you have to add it with:

"g.extension extension=v.transects"

(from
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/290595/where-is-the-v-transects-algorithm-in-qgis)

The final solution is a Processing model, so my question is if I can (easily)
make that Grass algorithm work in a Processing Model?

Thanks for any pointers/input.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde