Hi Zsolt,

This code adds a button to the layout toolbar. I don't know of a way to add things to the layout menu as well.

def designer_opened(designer):
    tb = designer.actionsToolbar()
    action = QAction('Push me!', parent=designer)
    tb.addAction(action)

iface.layoutDesignerOpened.connect(designer_opened)

By the way, you can add a grid to your layout map item and show coordinates. There a quite many options. Have you looked into that?

Hope this helps,
Raymond