Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

In my case, the data resides in Postgis, not in Geopackage.

But if I understand you correctly, then Geopackage imposes it's limit on QGIS in general, aka other providers as well - right?

Thanks,
Andreas

On 2022-03-01 10:16, Alexandre Neto wrote:

I believe that comes from the geopackage fid limitations. For that reason, I never use the fid field as an actual id. That's my workaround.

Alexandre Neto

A terça, 1/03/2022, 08:44, Andreas Neumann <a.neum...@carto.net> escreveu:

Hi,

We have a problem with the merge tool.

We have a relatively complex data model with lots of relations. We want to use the merge tool with this data.

The merge tool allows to carefully choose which attributes should end up in the merged feature. This works fine, except for the feature ID.

QGIS stubbornly insists on having to create a new feature ID after the merge - and is not reusing the feature ID of the original feature we selected as the "master" feature in the merge tool.

This is a huge problem - because after the merge we loose all relations, because the feature ID has changed.

Do you know any work around? Would we be able to fix this behaviour in a future QGIS release?

Thanks for the discussion,